Below is the recommended code of practice that is given to each new member of PIJAC Canada.
As members of PIJAC Canada we strive to conduct our activities in a
responsible manner by:
- Ensuring all animals under our care are treated humanely and provided a
suitable environment, according to recognized industry standards and Federal,
Provincial and Municipal regulations.
- Taking necessary actions to prevent cruelty or mistreatment of animals and
protecting them from undue stress or discomfort.
- Not selling any animal known to be suffering from disease or injury and
seeking veterinary attention for any animal in our care when necessary.
- Ensuring animals in our care receive proper diet and exercise, according to
the needs of the species.
- Maintaining proper livestock records to ensure prompt follow-up with the
purchaser in the event of an emergency situation.
- Ensuring employees handling livestock are trained in the care and needs of
- Providing accurate information on the needs, care and wellbeing of any
- Not knowingly offering for sale any item or product that does not conform to
Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations or that may endanger the safety of
- Maintaining clean and safe business premises as required for the comfort of
livestock, employees and customers alike.
- Conducting business in accordance with Federal, Provincial and Municipal